Have you ever experienced mail delivery issues with your tax bills? Delayed or undelivered tax bills have extreme consequences for homeowners, including interest charges or properties being listed for sale.
Now, County County Treasurer Maria Pappas and her team have made it possible to view the delivery status of your tax bill on cookcountytreasurer.com.
Logging on to cookcountyreasurer.com also allows homeowners to update their home address, if necessary, and choose to receive tax bills by email. With this feature, the Office of the Cook County Treasurer has corrected approximately 22,7000 addresses.
According to a press release, here is the easiest way to check if your tax bill has been returned by the United States Postal Service:
- Visit cookcountytreasurer.com.
- Select the purple box, “Your Property Tax Overview.”
- Enter your address or Property Index Number (PIN).
- Look for a red warning box that pops up if your bills have been returned.
- Update your mailing information if it is incorrect.
- Choose “eBilling” if you wish to receive your bill by email.