SENIORS REAL ESTATE SPECIALIST DESIGNATION COURSE
The SRES® designation course seeks to instill knowledge and understanding of and empathy for 50+ real estate clients and customers.
Develop the business building skills and resources needed for specialization in the 50+ real estate market. The SRES® designation program provides professional training and development and is licensed for 6 hours elective continuing education credit.
You Will Learn How To:
- Learn distinguishing characteristics and trends of the 50+ market so that you can discern them in your own market area
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the 50+ market
- Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the 50+ market
- Learn the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Develop business building outreach methods for communicating and gaining 50+ market share
- Adapt methods for counseling the 50+ buyer and sellers
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters
- Develop sensitivities to 50+ issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve 50+ clients and customers
- Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages
- Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50+ real estate decisions
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50+ borrowers
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans
Three (3) requirements must be met to attain and use the SRES® designation. The SRES course counts as one REBAC elective course to be applied toward the ABR designation.
- Successful completion of the two-day SRES® Designation Course, including an 80% passing grade on the exam.
- Maintain active membership in the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Maintain active membership in the SRES® Council. The first year membership is included with the SRES® Designation course. However, every year thereafter will require payment of annual dues.
- Application fee: $0
- Annual SRES membership renewal fees: $99
- $125 Member | $135 Non-member
In order to audit this course you must be a current member in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS®. You must have already received the designation or certification to be eligible.
Audit registration may not be completed online. To audit a course, please complete the registration form.