Fair Housing: Our Impact, Our Opportunity
Pre-registration will close on Monday, April 22 at 5:00 PM. A limited quantity of on-site registrations will be accepted, pending availability.
Last October we hosted Past, Present, Future: Reflecting on 50 years of the Fair Housing Act to examine Chicago’s history of housing discrimination and the impact of fair housing laws on our industry. We also discussed ways that we, as an industry and as individual REALTORS®, can improve and advance equality in housing.
We look forward to continuing that discussion at our April event, held during National Fair Housing month. Chicago remains the second most segregated city in the United States, over 50 years after fair housing laws were implemented – and real estate agents can have an impact on segregation and discrimination in housing. Elizabeth Korver-Glenn, author of several studies on real estate and race, will discuss with us her research and findings upon following ten real estate professionals over the course of one year. She will discuss the impact real estate agents have in shaping the processes of housing exclusion and inclusion, and the opportunities we have to help turn the tide towards a more fair process.
Elizabeth Korver-Glenn, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Sociology, University of New Mexico
Fair Housing Panel:
- Hipolito Garcia, Caliber Homes Loans
- Courtney Jones, Chicago Homes Realty Group
- Christopher Pezza, Miller Chicago
- Sam Powell, Dream Town Realty
- Vicky Silvano, Baird & Warner
- JoAnn Newsome, Esq.- Director of Human Rights Compliance; Chicago Commission on Human Relations, Moderator
Chase Auditorium is located one level below the Main Level (Street Level). Guests must enter Chase Tower via the Clark St. Entrance due to Construction.
- WMW Self Park Garage | 172 W. Madison St., 0.2 miles from Chase Tower – $44.00
- Poetry Garage | 201 W. Madison St., 0.3 miles from Chase Tower – $25.00
- Central Parking Garage | 120 N LaSalle Street, 0.3 miles from Chase Tower – $42.00
*We recommend using a parking app like SpotHero for cheaper rates
Space is limited. Please click here for more information on CAR’s event attendance and cancellation policy. A limited quantity of on-site registrations will be accepted, pending availability.
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® (CAR) is committed to creating a safe and inclusive experience for our community and providing a friendly and welcoming environment for all. We do not tolerate harassment in any form. Please act professionally and follow our Code of Conduct at all CAR events.