CommercialForum Opportunity Zones Summit
Pre-registration will close on Monday, June 17 at 12:00 PM. A limited quantity of on-site registrations will be accepted, pending availability.
Commercial real estate investors, brokers, and developers are all interested in the newly minted Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZs) program, which was created to spur investment, development and job creation in distressed communities, while also providing a tax incentive to investors. There are 135 QOZs in Chicago, making this investment opportunity highly relevant to Chicago REALTORS® and the larger real estate community.
In essence, QOZs afford the following financial benefits:
- Deferral of capital gains
- Partial exclusion of deferred gain (10% if held for 5 years, 15% if held for 7 years)
- 100% tax-free if held for 10 years.
This is an unprecedented benefit for commercial real estate. Join us in learning more about this program and the opportunities available to you and your clients.
Join the conversation by tagging @commercialforum on Twitter and LinkedIn or using #CARcommercialforum on your social media posts.
Speakers – Fireside Chat
- Keynote: Steve Glickman, Founder and CEO | Develop LLC
- Moderator: Rebecca Thomson, Principal | Thomson Real Estate Group
PANEL 1: Reinventing Disinvested Communities Through Real Estate Development in Opportunity Zones
- Noah Birk, Partner | Kiser Group
- Scott Goodman, Co-Founder and Managing Partner | Decennial Group; Founding Principal | Farpoint Development
- Reverend Dr. Richard Tolliver, President and CEO | St. Edmund’s Redevelopment Corporation
- Moderator: CommercialForum Vice Chair Anthony Hardy, Senior Associate | Marcus & Millichap
PANEL 2: Blending Maximum ROI & Maximum Community Impact with Opportunity Funds
- Joseph Galvan, Midwest Regional Administrator | U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
- David Howat, Vice President Development | Inland National Development Company, LLC.
- Bo Kemp, Sr. Director | Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting
- Leon Walker, Esq, Managing Partner | DL3 Realty, L.P.
- Moderator: Sarah Ware, Principal | Ware Realty Group, LLC
Space is limited. Please click here for more information on CAR’s event attendance and cancellation policy. A limited quantity of on-site registrations will be accepted, pending availability.
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® (CAR) is committed to creating a safe and inclusive experience for our community and providing a friendly and welcoming environment for all. We do not tolerate harassment in any form. Please act professionally and follow our Code of Conduct at all CAR events.