Each year, the American Society of Association Executives selects less than 1 percent of association leaders to participate in its Fellows program. This year’s Fellows class includes six leaders, including our CEO, Michelle Mills Clement.
To receive the honor of being an ASAE Fellow, Michelle earned peer endorsement and completed a comprehensive application and interview process. Moreover, Michelle’s commitments to community development, diversity and education made her a worthy candidate. Outside of her role as CEO of CAR, Michelle:
- Has earned her Nonprofit Management (MNM) and Certified Association Executive certifications.
- Serves as a newly-elected member to the Board of Trustees at her alma mater, Bradley University, where she’s a champion for diversity.
- Acted as the former CEO of the Commercial Brokers Association and former Executive Director for the Washington State chapter of NAIOP, the commercial real estate development association.
- Contributed marketing, communications and membership expertise to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Association Forum, among others.
- Actively seeks opportunities to get involved in community initiatives and committees, and is often invited as guest speaker to represent CAR and share her industry knowledge.
As a 2019 ASAE Fellow, Michelle will coach future association leaders, identify association trends and make strategic plans and recommendations for advancement.
Please join us in congratulating Michelle for this prestigious recognition and thank her for commitment to moving our Association forward!