About The Chicago Association of REALTORS®
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® (CAR), the “Voice for Real Estate” in Chicago since 1883, represents over 14,500 members from all real estate specialties including commercial sales, development, property management, appraisal, auctions, and residential sales.
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® provides advocacy, professional development and resources that are designed to enhance business success, service to clients and engagement in communities, for a diverse community of real estate professionals.
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® prepares educated and innovative real estate professionals to become engaged leaders in our ever-changing communities.
- Is the Voice for Real Estate™ in Chicago and the suburbs its members serve;
- Protects private property ownership and its associated rights;
- Commits to the highest standards of professional practice;
- Recognizes that there are business practice, specialty, market and cultural differences within the membership and is committed to respecting those differences;
- Governs and make decisions openly, inclusively and transparently;
- Manages association resources effectively, efficiently and transparently;
- Strives at all times to be a strategic, adaptive and innovative organization.
- Member and key stakeholder satisfaction;
- Positive influence on housing and public policy;
- Positive influence in the communities we serve;
- Effective external partnerships and coalitions;
- Association profitability and attainment of approved plans;
- Recognition at all levels of the REALTOR® organization.
ADVOCACY: Impacts and positively influences housing and commercial real estate public policy actions in the Chicagoland region, through engaged REALTORS®.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & BUSINESS SUCCESS: Enhances members’ business and professional success through delivering exceptional services, programs and tailored education, which are relevant to a dynamic industry environment.
MEMBER ENGAGEMENT: Fosters an engaged community of members that value and utilize C.A.R. programs and services.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Has a visible and positive impact in the communities C.A.R. members serve.
ORGANIZATIONAL CAPACITY: Creates robust organizational systems and finances, and fosters employee and volunteer leadership to enable the attainment of the other goals.