About The Chicago Association of REALTORS®
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® (CAR), the “Voice for Real Estate” in Chicago since 1883, represents 11,500 members from all real estate specialties including commercial sales, development, property management, appraisal, auctions, and residential sales.
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® advocates for REALTORS® and their clients, and provides services to help members prosper.
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® is the primary resource and “Voice for real estate” ™ in the communities we serve.
- We are a national model for local REALTOR® associations.
- We are effective and influential in the communities we serve.
- We consistently provide value and benefit to our members.
- We give back where we live and work.
- Protect private property ownership and its associated rights.
- Govern and make decisions openly, inclusively and transparently.
- Commit to the highest standards of professional practice.
- Recognize that there are business practice, specialty, market and cultural differences within the membership and we are committed to respecting those differences.
- Manage association resources effectively and efficiently.
- Strive at all times to be a strategic, adaptive and innovative organization.
- Member and stakeholder satisfaction
- Effective external partnerships and coalitions
- Positively influence public policy
- Recognition at the local, regional, state and national levels
Goal 1: C.A.R. REALTOR® members and affiliated brokerages are competent, professional, ethical, and have profitable real estate businesses.
Goal 2: Informed consumers value C.A.R. REALTOR® members as trusted resources.
Goal 3: C.A.R. governmental and public policy actions are positively impacted by engaged REALTORS®.
Goal 4: C.A.R. effectively expands and communicates its’ value proposition in order to retain and grow membership.
Goal 5: C.A.R.’s organizational structure, systems, personnel and volunteer leadership enable the attainment of its’ strategic goals.