Chicago Association of REALTORS Installs 2012 Leadership, Salutes REALTOR® of the Year and Other Industry Honorees
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 6, 2011
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® installed its 2012 leadership last night at its 128th Inaugural Gala, held in the Grand Ballroom of Navy Pier. The event was joined by special guests Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Cook County President Toni Preckwinkle, recognizing the importance of REALTORS® to the Chicago region’s social and economic vitality.
The 2012 C.A.R. Board of Directors includes:
- Bob Floss, President, Bob Floss & Son Realty
- Ezekiel "Zeke" Morris, President-Elect, Keller Williams Realty C.C.G.
- Ron Abrams, Treasurer, Ron Abrams Real Estate
- Mabel Guzman, Immediate Past-President, @properties
- Rafael Alvarado, Director, Su Familia Real Estate
- Wayne Caplan, Director, Sperry Van Ness
- Sarah Coulter, Director, @properties
- Will Crowden, CommercialForum Director, Jameson Commercial Real Estate
- Juan Del Real, Director, Solutions Realty, Inc.
- Matthew Farrell, Director, Urban Real Estate
- Tammy Hajjar, Affiliate Director, Bank of America
- Kathy Kalnes, Director, Coldwell Banker Residential
- Gregory Kosin, Director, Greater Illinois Title Company
- Lauren Mitrick, Director, Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty
- Hugh Rider, Governmental Affairs Committee Director, Realty & Mortgage Co.
- Michael Sato, Director, Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty
- Matt Silver, Director, Urban Real Estate
- William Stegeman, Director, Baird & Warner
- Dan Wagner, Director, Inland Real Estate Group
- Ginger Downs, Chief Executive Officer, Chicago Association of REALTORS®
The Inaugural Gala also recognized industry leaders who have helped maintain a strong and mutually supportive Chicagoland real estate community.
Co-founder of @properties Michael P. Golden was named 2011 C.A.R. REALTOR® of the Year, the highest and most coveted award that can be bestowed by one’s peers. Other 2011 award winners included:
- Affiliate of the Year Michael Wood, Acquest Title Services, LLC
- REALTOR® Achievement Award honoree Elizabeth Ballis, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- REALTOR® Community Service Award honorees Anna Klocek, RE/MAX Exclusive Properties, and Frank J. Williams, F. J. Williams Realty
2011 inductees to the C.A.R. Education Foundation Hall of Fame included:
- G. Joseph Cosenza, Vice Chairman and a Director of The Inland Real Estate Group, Inc. and President of Inland Real Estate Acquisitions, Inc.
- Goldie B. Wolfe Miller, President of Millbrook Corporate Real Estate Services
More than 700 C.A.R. members, affiliate members and friends joined the gala, long recognized by Chicago REALTORS® as a key annual gathering for the local industry.
The Chicago Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R). is the "Voice for Real Estate®" in Chicago since 1883, representing nearly 12,500 members from all real estate specialties including commercial sales, development, property management, appraisal, auctions, and residential sales. Visit us online at www.ChicagoREALTOR.com.
Senior Director of Communications & Media Relations
Office: (312) 214-5511
Cell: (312) 730-4950
Senior Communications Specialist
Office: (312) 214-5536
Cell: (312) 828-5347